[Capdist-auditions] RPI Players The Drowsy Chaperone - Musicians Auditions

David Archibald archid at rpi.edu
Fri Feb 10 18:11:05 EST 2012

The RPI Players are seeking two professional musicians to play in the
pit orchestra for their production of/The Drowsy Chaperone/, a trumpet
player and a reed player.  The Reed 1 book requires someone who can play
the flute, piccolo, clarinet, and alto and soprano saxophones.  An ideal
candidate would be able to cover all or most of these parts.  These are
paid positions.

Performances are April 27, 28 and May 3, 4, 5 at 8pm and April 29 at
2pm.  Tech Sunday will be on April 22nd, and we will have one more
rehearsal with the cast after that and before opening night.  Attendance
at these 6 performances and 2 rehearsals would be mandatory.

/The Drowsy Chaperone/ takes place during the 1920's era of big band
music.  There is a lot of brass, and both of these parts have many
solos.  We are looking to hire a professional to lead each section and
fill out the rest of the pit with RPI students.

Please contact the music director, Adam Fine, at drowsy-md at union.rpi.edu
with any questions.

--
David Archibald