[Capdist-auditions] RPI Young Actors Guild Spring Programming Fee Required

D'Amico, Mary Allison damicm at rpi.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:48:17 EST 2012

The RPI Young Actors Guild is entering our 23rd year, teaching the performing arts to students ages 6-18. The Young Actors Guild's mission is to provide a safe, supportive, and non-competitive environment in which, through participation in theater arts, young people can develop strong self-esteem, self-confidence, and valuable life skills.
The program serves approximately 200 children per year from over 40 Capital Region public, independent, and parochial schools. Classes in acting, singing, movement, and dance are offered and students have the opportunity to perform in one or more professionally done productions following each session.
2012 Vacation - One Week Acting Camps for Ages 6-14
February 2012 Vacation Workshop: February 20-24, 2012 - Day Session - Ages 6-14
April 2012 Vacation Workshop: April 9-13, 2012 - Day Session - Ages 6-14
The RPI Young Actors Guild will be holding week long vacation workshops during February and April school breaks, Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm on the RPI campus in the Mueller Center on 15th Street in Troy, New York. Each of our Vacation programs will culminate in a 30 minute presentation of a mini musical perfect for elementary and middle school aged students. These mini plays meet national curriculum standards and will be a great addition to our current programming. These acting workshops are for ages 6 to 14 and will take place during the weeks of February 20-24, 2012 and April 9-13, 2012 from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Drop off is between 8:30 -9:00am and pick up is between 3:00-4:00pm.
Looking for something exciting to do for one week?
Each workshop will culminate with a project of some kind. We will make each one different and have some new staff. These workshops should be fun for anyone who enjoys theater and creative arts. Hope to see you there! Sign up early, as they have been filling up quickly! Please go to summer.rpi.edu for forms and further information.
Spring 2012 Young Actors Guild Program - Ages 6-18
Back Stage Program (CLASSES ONLY) - Saturdays, February 25 - May 5, 2012 - Day Session - Ages 6-18
Back Stage and Center Stage Program (CLASSES AND PERFORMANCE) - Saturdays, February 25 - May 5, 2012 - Day Session - Ages 6-18
Center Stage Program (PERFORMANCE ONLY - Age 15+meeting pre-requisites) Saturdays, February 25 - May 5, 2012 - Day Session - Ages 15-18
BACK STAGE (Educational Theater Classes): Backstage Is our educational program. During our spring program, students participate in classes for ten week sessions. The students take classes in Music, Acting and Dance on Saturday mornings from 9:30am to 12:30pm with professional instructors at the Mueller Center on 15th street on the RPI Campus. This is an amazing facility with temperature controlled rooms and floating dance floors. Our classes are structured to go above and beyond the New York Standards for Arts in Education. All students are required to take all three disciplines.
BACK STAGE & CENTER STAGE (Educational Theater Classes & Performance Program): In addition to our educational theater classes students participate in our Center Stage performance program. Center Stage is performance opportunity open to every student. Most students do both but some only do classes. Rehearsals take place on Saturday afternoons immediately following morning classes and a break for lunch.
CENTER STAGE (Performance Program ONLY): Students ages 15 and up with at least one year prior theatre training in the classroom may register for our Center Stage performance program without needing to take our educational theater classes. Prior classes must be in a performing arts environment and taken in the last two years. Rehearsals for a show does not count as training. Any questions, contact Mary D'Amico, YAG Director at damicm at rpi.edu<mailto:damicm at rpi.edu>.

  *   This Spring Semester will run from Saturday, February 25, 2012 through Saturday, May 5, 2012 with show dates taking place May 18-20, 2012.
  *   NO CLASSES Saturday, April 7, 2012.
  *   ALL REHEARSALS ARE HELD ON SATURDAYS DURING THE SEMESTER EXCEPT PRODUCTION WEEK COME AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT AT YAG! QUALITY THEATRE & GREAT FRIENDS!
Looking for something exciting to do this spring?
These Saturday sessions should be fun for anyone who enjoys theater and creative arts. Hope to see you there! Sign up early, as they have been filling up quickly! Please go to summer.rpi.edu for further information.