[Capdist-auditions] Actors for Public Service announcements

Monserrat, Joseph jmonserrat at albany.edu
Mon Jun 4 15:57:10 EDT 2012

We are looking for local actors who are available this summer to shoot several brief PSA's. Below is a description of the project:

I am currently overseeing a group called Men REACH (Men For Relationship Education and Change) and one of our primary aims is to help prevent sexual violence and promote healthy relationships. Our efforts target men specifically in hopes of changing the culture and redefining masculinity. We are planning to shoot several short public service announcements that depict men "Stepping Up" as active bystanders in potentially risky situations. These are intended to be brief (30 second or less) spots and will highlight ways that guys can hold each other accountable. We are looking for both male and female actors, as well as trying to be a diverse as possible. If you don't mind shooting this out to your students, I would greatly appreciate it. Anyone who is interested can contact me directly.

I have also included a link to our Facebook page if anyone is interested:  http://www.facebook.com/UAMenREACH

Please email me directly if you are interested and available- thank you

Joe Monserrat, Psy.D.
Licensed Psychologist
Winning STEPS Coordinator
University Counseling Center