[Capdist-auditions] Student filmmaker looking for actors

Aileen Sheedy sheeda at rpi.edu
Fri Mar 23 09:21:35 EDT 2012

I am a student at RPI, and I'm working on a short sci-fi film for my
undergraduate thesis project.

I'm looking for a male and female actor to play the lead roles. The film
mostly consists of a conversation between the two characters in a bar,
so shooting will probably only take a day or two, though I would also
like to have several rehearsals beforehand. Exact dates are flexible,
depending on availability of the cast, crew, and filming location, but I
would like to have all the footage shot before April, if possible.

Female:
- Preferably late 20s or early 30s
- Singing ability a plus, but not necessary
- You would be playing a singer with a dark secret, who is sassy and
independent, but also sultry and seductive

Male:
- Preferably late 20s or early 30s
- You would be playing a struggling actor currently between films, who
is starting to become cynical and bitter with his lack of success

Feel free to contact me for more information on the roles or to read a
copy of the script.

Unfortunately, I can't provide much more compensation than the finished
film for your reel and a small gift card to say thanks. (I don't know if
free food during filming appeals to anyone besides poor college
students, but there will definitely be pizza and beer at the shoot, if
that's any incentive.)

When responding, please provide:
- a headshot or recent photo
- any past acting experience
- available time in the next few weeks
- your contact information (phone and email)

Thanks!
Aileen Sheedy
sheeda at rpi.edu