[Capdist-auditions] Directing with Character Subtext ($5 fee)

John Holser digitalfilmfarm at me.com
Tue Apr 2 09:00:07 EDT 2013

I would like to invite you to Upstate Independents, a non for profit organization of filmmakers and actors. We will meet Wednesday April 3rd at 6:30 Pm, 339 Central Ave. Albany. I will be doing a talk on motivating your directing with character subtext.

My talk is free, but if you're not a member UI will charge $5.

This is a great opportunity for actors to network with directors and other actors.

Film screenings

·         Ron Pucherelli will present the short film “Shadows In The Moonlight”, which he wrote, produced and directed.
·         Susan Robbins will present the short film “In Line” which she has a role in.  The film was directed and produced by Diego Parra and Victor Caravalho.
·         Kevin Craig West will present the short film “Un Baiser", which he wrote, directed and edited.

Hope to see you there.

If you want more info on motivating with subtext check out this blog post. http://howtomakeamovie1.com/2013/02/21/why-motivated-camera-blocking-will-help-you-make-a-better-movie/

Thank you
John Holser