[Capdist-auditions] Confetti Fest 9 Call for Submissions

Vivian Hwang Vivian.Hwang01 at albany.edu
Tue Apr 16 23:39:13 EDT 2013

*CONFETTI FEST 9*

*CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS*

We are seeking plays written by Capital Region Playwrights to be considered
for participation in Confetti Fest 9 in October 2013.  Our short play
festival was the first in the area to feature all original works by local
playwrights.  Previous works from our festivals have been chosen to perform
at the TANYS and ESTA Festivals, including our 2010 production of “Holy
Night” by Diane M. Doring and our 2011 production of “Safe Words” by
Nathaniel Beynon.

*ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN MAY 24, 2013.
*

*SUBMISSIONS MUST BE:*

           -           no longer than 30 PAGES

-           in Times New Roman Font (font size 12)

-           applicable to our mission statement

-           an original work (works that have NOT been previously produced
are encouraged)

*Participants of Confetti Fest may expect:*

-          a collaborative process

-          a fully-staged production of your script

-          full credit in all programs and posters for the festival

-          possible adjudication by the Theatre Association of New York
State (possible TANYS & ESTA Festivals consideration)

Submissions can be submitted electronically to *CF9 at confettistage.org* or
mailed to:

Confetti Stage, Inc.

Confetti Fest 9

2215 Nott St.

P.O. Box 285

Niskayuna, NY 12309

For more information regarding Confetti Fest 9 please email us at
CF9 at confettistage.org.

About Confetti Stage:

The award-winning Confetti Stage was incorporated in 2004 and produced its
inaugural production, ‘night, Mother, by Marsha Norman in January 2005.
 Since then, the company has successfully brought to the stage over 40
productions.  Confetti Stage has performed in several Capital Region
communities and as far away as Batavia, NY.  Confetti Stage prides itself
on bringing quality performances to its community and allowing artists to
expand their talents while collaborating to bring about a final product.
 Confetti Stage offers a full season of quality community theatre every
year, as well as the area’s only 100% local Short Play Festival.  Confetti
Stage is a proud member of the American Association of Community Theatre
and the Theater Association of New York State.

Our Mission Statement:

Confetti Stage was founded to explore the human experience, while
illuminating the myriad diversities which define us as groups and
individuals.  Confetti Stage promotes diversity and understanding through
the creation of dynamic and inspirational productions and educational
opportunities.  We strive to maintain the highest possible level of
artistic standards while fostering collaboration and mutual respect.