[Capdist-auditions] SLOC Seeking Director Submissions for 2014-2015 season

Kimberly R kimberly1011 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 14:22:04 EDT 2013

SLOC Musical Theater is beginning the “Show Selection Process” for
the 2014-2015 season.  Please
consider entering a submission to the Show Recommendations Committee as a
Directorial Candidate! Show Submission Forms will be available at
www.sloctheater.org or by emailing boardsecretary at sloctheater.org The Show Submission Form should
be completed and returned to us by Monday, September 30, 2013.  Please
be sure to provide your updated e-mail address as part of your reply,
regardless of whether or not you submit a show.  For each show, please
indicate the time slot you prefer:  1st     October
20142nd    December
20143rd    February-March
20154th     April-May
2015    Please forward all submissions on the Show Submission Form to:            Mail:              Kimberly
Reilly Attn:  SLOC Show Submission                                   843
New Scotland Avenue #1, Albany, NY 12208            Or:                  E-Mail:   boardsecretary at sloctheater.org Please feel free to call Bob Harrison should you have any
questions. Phone: Home: 518 -
399-8890         Cell:    518-894-7788 Our company welcomes ALL directors to submit.   Prior directing
experience at SLOC is NOT a requirement.  In addition to
submitting the Show Submission Form, please attach a Current resume including directorial and
production experience.  Directors at our company are
volunteers.   We require each of the key members of production
teams (director, assistant director, producer, musical director, choreographer
and stage manager) to sign a
criminal affirmation.  This is required to ensure a safe,
secure working environment for all production members.   Information about cast size is extremely important.  The
committee needs to know the number and breakdown of the cast you intend to use
(i.e. 4 males, 5 females, 10 chorus.) If you have already secured a creative team (musical director,
choreographer, producer, set and lighting designer) it will greatly enhance
your overall submission.  Of particular importance is the
confirmation of a musical director for each show submitted.  If the
musical director you have secured does not play the piano, then you must have
ideas for rehearsal accompanists to assist your project.  Any other
information that you feel would assist the Committee should be added under the
“Comments” section of the Show Submission Form   We do provide each production with an Artistic Budget, paid pit orchestra, and payment of all
royalties.  The SLOC Board of Directors will make final determinations regarding the
approved submissions, and notification will be given in writing. We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time and effort to
consider a submission for our upcoming season.  It is well
appreciated by the company, our membership, AND our faithful audiences. We sincerely appreciate your interest and commitment to helping us
provide the best possible quality musical theater, just as we have done for the
past 87 years here in Schenectady! Respectfully yours, Robert L. Harrison and Kate Kaufman Burns                    Co-chairs, SLOC Show Recommendations