[Capdist-auditions] Seeking Male Actor for small part

Jason LaSusa jlasusa at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 28 22:05:23 EST 2013

Ghent
Playhouse will be performing My Cousin Rachel and is seeking somebody to play
the part of James.  For this part, there are not a lot of lines to memorize, but there is an accent to learn.  Materials will be provided to help with the
accent.

James is a house servant learning the job, but struggling
to meet the high expectations of the senior butler Mr. Seecombe.  The script does not mention a specific age
for James; he can be anywhere from 15-30, or perhaps even older.

THE
STORY:  Phillip Ashley learns of the
death of his guardian, whose last months were spent with his lovely and
enigmatic cousin Rachel.  Although
highly suspicious that she is guilty of murder, once Phillip meets Rachel, he
is enchanted and seduced by her.  As
Phillip’s sanity spirals out of control, Rachel’s true nature is a mystery the
audience must uncover.

If
interested, e-mail your resume, photo and availability for rehearsals between
now and the opening of the show. It is an unpaid position.  The rest of the cast is set and has been
rehearsing for several weeks. Because the part is small, not every rehearsal
will be necessary to attend.
jlasusa at yahoo.com

For
more information, contact me through the e-mail above or visit the website of
the playhouseghentplayhouse.org