[Capdist-auditions] Improv accompanist

Michael Burns michaelburns57 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:04:43 EST 2013

The Mop & Bucket Co. is seeking a third improv accompanist for occasional shows.

To be very clear: we already have two pianists; this posting is for those times when neither is available. Rehearsals are not paid, performances are paid.

Musical improv experience strongly preferred.

The successful candidate:

Knows a lot of genres of music
Can compose on the fly, with a singer or singers, in front of an audience
Can transpose in the moment, for those improvisers who aren't quite in the right key
Can remain unflappable, have fun, and keep playing in a way that supports everything happening on stage.

Auditions by appointment; contact Michael Burns at michaelburns at mopco.org to discuss.

Mopco performs improv comedy weekly at Proctors and the Comedy Works.  We also do a fair number of private parties, school shows, and corporate events.

Thank you!

Michael Burns
michaelburns57 at gmail.com
www.mopco.org