[Capdist-auditions] CONFETTI FEST 9: Call for Directors

Vivian Hwang Vivian.Hwang01 at albany.edu
Wed May 29 11:18:14 EDT 2013

CONFETTI FEST 9 CALL FOR DIRECTORS!

Confetti Stage is looking for directors to be part of Confetti Fest 9.
 We are seeking individuals who are excited about bringing original
works by Capital District playwrights to the stage. We welcome veteran
directors as well as first-time or less-experienced directors.

Our short play festival was the first in the area to feature all
original works by local playwrights.  Previous works from our
festivals have been chosen to perform at the TANYS and ESTA Festivals,
including our 2010 production of “Holy Night” by Diane M. Doring and
our 2011 production of “Safe Words” by Nathaniel Beynon.

Play submissions are currently under review and will be announced in
mid-June.  Production dates will be in late October 2013. Auditions
will be held in late August, with rehearsals starting in September. We
will be setting up a meeting with those who are interested in late
June.

If you are interested or want more information, please contact Neilson
Jones by phone: (518)253-1253 or email: neiljones324 at gmail.com.

PLEASE ALSO CONSIDER DONATING TO AND SHARING ABOUT OUR CAMPAIGN TO
TAKE OUR PRODUCTION OF IONESCO'S THE LESSON TO THE AACT NATIONAL
THEATRE FESTIVAL: http://igg.me/at/ConfettiStage

We will also be holding a Performance and Gala Fundraiser on JUNE 6th
at 7pm.  This will be your last chance to see The Lesson before we
take it to Festival!  Event details are available on our website:
www.confettistage.org or via facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ConfettiStageInc

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

About Confetti Stage:

The award-winning Confetti Stage was incorporated in 2004 and produced
its inaugural production, ‘night, Mother, by Marsha Norman in January
2005.  Since then, the company has successfully brought to the stage
over 40 productions.  Confetti Stage has performed in several Capital
Region communities and as far away as Batavia, NY.  Confetti Stage
prides itself on bringing quality performances to its community and
allowing artists to expand their talents while collaborating to bring
about a final product.  Confetti Stage offers a full season of quality
community theatre every year, as well as the area’s only 100% local
Short Play Festival.  Confetti Stage is a proud member of the American
Association of Community Theatre and the Theater Association of New
York State.

Our Mission Statement:

Confetti Stage was founded to explore the human experience, while
illuminating the myriad diversities which define us as groups and
individuals.  Confetti Stage promotes diversity and understanding
through the creation of dynamic and inspirational productions and
educational opportunities.  We strive to maintain the highest possible
level of artistic standards while fostering collaboration and mutual
respect.