[Capdist-auditions] Not So Common Players Announces Auditions for A…My Name Will Always Be Alice

David Rossi drossi20 at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 17:39:27 EST 2013

Not So Common Players is pleased to announce their Spring 2014 show A…My Name Will Always Be Alice directed by Sean Carter with musical direction by David Rossi.

A… My Name Will Always Be a Alice  was conceived by Joan Micklin Silver and Julianne Boyd. The show is a combination of the 1984 award winning Off-Broadway musical revue A...My Name Is Alice and its 1992 sequel A...My Name is Still Alice. The songs and sketches are among the most beloved from each revue and are designed to be performed on a bare stage with set pieces. The music ranges from gospel to country western to rock to some glorious pop ballads.

We are looking for 5 female singers with amazing voices and the ability to sell a story through song. As the show has very limited dialogue and only 5 characters the rehearsal schedule will be extremely flexible and light. Show dates are April 4-6 and April 10-13.

Those interested in auditioning should prepare an up-tempo song or ballad in the style of pop or contemporary music.

Audition information:

December 9th and 10th

Not So Common Player Storefront

17 Clifton Country Road. Clifton Park, NY

Near Toys R Us, between DiNapoli Opticians and Miracle Ear

Auditions will begin promptly at 7:00 with sign-in beginning at 6:30

If  you have any questions or concerns please contact Sean Carter at smcart at hotmail.com