[Capdist-auditions] SEEKING ACTORS For A NEW MUSICAL Workshop Reading

Kevin Hart gwsc14 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 17:03:06 EDT 2013

SEEKING ACTORS FOR INITIAL WORKSHOP READING OF A NEW MUSICAL COMEDY
MONDAY, OCTOBER 28TH AT 7:00 PM
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL:  gwsc14 at yahoo.com

PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR INFORMATION ON THE SHOW AND CREATIVE TEAM

Seeking actors for an initial workshop reading of a new musical comedy that is set to premiere in Albany in December of 2014.  We are entering the workshop phase of this project and we are beginning with a one-night-only reading of the piece, during which select songs will be previewed by author David Kalish and composer Alex Torres.

The reading will take place on Monday, October 28th at 7:00 (please contact us for further information).  We would like performers to also participate in a round table with the author and composer to provide feedback and your thoughts.  Please see below for details on this new musical.  Please let us know if you're interested and available as soon as possible.

***

Seeking actors for THE GRINGO WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS, an original Latin-themed musical comedy written in collaboration with Alex Torres, the nationally known musician and composer. Led by an award-winning director and producer, this twist on the classic Dickens story tells the tale of a mean-spirited businessman who must confront his troubled Hispanic past – and embrace the holiday spirit – to save his soul and win back his childhood sweetheart.

Alex Torres and his Latin Orchestra bring years of experience to the stage, having shared billings with artists such as Tito Puente and Branford Marsalis, performed for President Clinton and other political notables, and composed music for current and upcoming Hollywood films. The playwright, David Kalish, is a screenwriter and author of the comedic novel, The Opposite of Everything, which will be published early next year. His short movie, “Regular Guy,” was selected into film festivals here and abroad.