[Capdist-auditions] Summer 2014 Call for Theatrical Submissions: Delta Xi Cast of Alpha Psi Omega at RPI

Jacob Brode jacob.brode at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 22:56:34 EDT 2014

The Delta Xi Cast of Alpha Psi Omega, the national theater honor fraternity
at RPI, is accepting submissions for their summer production.  This year,
we are opening up the call to any type of theatrical production or event,
ranging from standard dramas and comedies to musicals to workshop series.

If you are submitting a show, please include:
- Which show you are submitting, cast size, production requirements
- Approximate monetary amount that performance rights will cost
- A full, detailed vision you have for the show
- Why you would like to direct this show, why this show should be performed
- Resume w/three references

Please note that by submitting a show, you are also submitting to direct
this show.

Previous summer shows have included: *Pack of Lies, The Fantasticks*,
*Arcadia*, and *Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.*

If you are submitting an alternative theatrical event, please include:
- A full description of the intended event, including scope and duration
- Any mandatory budget requirements and potential for financial income
- How this event would directly benefit the RPI theater community
- Why you would like to coordinate this event, and how it would be presented
- Resume w/three references

Please note that by submitting an event, you are also submitting to
coordinate this event.

Performances are currently scheduled for September 5, 6, 12, and 13 at 8
pm, and September 7 at 2pm, and will be in the RPI Playhouse in Troy, NY.

The submission deadline is *April 23rd at 11:59 pm.*

The *Production Selection Meeting* is *April 26th at 12:00pm*.  This is
where all submissions will be discussed and our Summer Production will be
decided upon.  If you are making a submission, and cannot attend, please
include your availability during the week of April 20th through April 26th,
and we will attempt to schedule a private interview.

Please also send your evening availability for the week of April 29th
through May 3rd and your availability for May 4th and 5th so we can
schedule interviews with potential candidates.

Please send any questions to officers at dx.ayw.org.

Thank you and we hope to see your submissions!