[Capdist-auditions] REMINDER: Confetti Fest 10 Call for Submissions - Due 4/30/14

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:29:20 EDT 2014

*CONFETTI FEST 10*

*CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS*

We are seeking plays written by Capital Region Playwrights to be considered
for participation in our 10th annual short play festival, Confetti Fest 10
in October 2014.  Our short play festival was the first in the area to
feature all original works by local playwrights.  Previous works from our
festivals have been chosen to perform at the TANYS and ESTA Festivals,
including our 2010 production of "Holy Night" by Diane M. Doring, our 2011
production of "Safe Words" by Nathaniel Beynon, and our 2013 production of
"Mirror Bowl" by Sunny da Silva.

*ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN APRIL 30,
2014.*

*SUBMISSIONS MUST BE:*

   - No longer than 30 pages AND running time cannot exceed 30 minutes.
   - In 12-pt, Times New Roman font
   - Applicable to our mission statement (see below)
   - An original work (works that have NOT been previously produced are
   encouraged)

*Please include in your submission:*

   - A brief synopsis of your play (100 words max.)
   - Estimated running time
   - Character breakdown, including any casting preferences
   - Set and scene descriptions
   - Tech requirements
   - Any previous workshop or production history

*Participants of Confetti Fest can expect:*

   - A collaborative process
   - A fully-staged production of your script
   - Full credit in all programs and promotional materials for the festival
   - Possible adjudication by the Theatre Association of New York State
   (possible TANYS & ESTA Festivals consideration)

 Submissions can be submitted electronically to *confettistageinc at gmail.com
<confettistageinc at gmail.com>* or mailed to:

Confetti Stage, Inc.

Confetti Fest 10
67 Corning Place
Albany, NY 12207

For more information regarding Confetti Fest 10 please email us at
confettistageinc at gmail.com.  You can also find updates on our website,
www.ConfettiStage.org or find us on facebook!

Join us for our 2nd Annual Gala Fundraiser on Saturday, April 12th, at
7:30pm! Info available here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1400579353544733/

*We look forward to receiving your submissions! *

*About Confetti Stage:*

The award-winning Confetti Stage was incorporated in 2004 and produced its
inaugural production, 'night, Mother, by Marsha Norman in January 2005.
 Since then, the company has successfully brought to the stage over 40
productions.  Confetti Stage has performed in several Capital Region
communities and as far away as Batavia, NY.  Confetti Stage prides itself
on bringing quality performances to its community and allowing artists to
expand their talents while collaborating to bring about a final product.
 Confetti Stage offers a full season of quality community theatre every
year, as well as the area's only 100% local Short Play Festival.  Confetti
Stage is a proud member of the American Association of Community Theatre
and the Theater Association of New York State.

*Our Mission Statement:*

Confetti Stage was founded to explore the human experience, while
illuminating the myriad diversities which define us as groups and
individuals.  Confetti Stage promotes diversity and understanding through
the creation of dynamic and inspirational productions and educational
opportunities.  We strive to maintain the highest possible level of
artistic standards while fostering collaboration and mutual respect.

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org