[Capdist-auditions] Mop & Bucket Co. Auditions

Michael Burns michaelburns57 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:05:51 EDT 2014

April 21, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michael Burns
                        michaelburns at mopco.org
                        (518)248-7430

Kill: May 20, 2014

Mopco Auditions  May 20, 6:30 PM in Schenectady

            WHO: Adult, experienced improvisers
            WHAT: Auditions to join The Mop & Bucket Co. improv troupe
            WHERE: 309 Union Street, Schenectady NY
            WHEN: May 20, 6:30-9:30 PM, by appointment

The Mop & Bucket Co., NYS Capital Region improv theatre, is auditioning experienced improvisers to join the performing troupe's 2014-15 ensemble.

As much as we love people who 'have acting experience and always wanted to try improv,' this audition is for improvisers with experience. Talented folks who might want to try improv are encouraged to take our classes; many of our company members have started as our students. Full disclosure: We are most interested in younger improvisers; we've already got a bunch of middle-aged folks. We will, however, seriously consider all comers.

We have the longest callbacks in show business. Those who pass this audition are invited to work with the company as probationary members for a period of up to three months. If they work out, they become full members.

Mopco ensemble members value their membership in the company, and dedicate many hours to improving their craft. For this, they receive a tiny stipend for performances, free training, and fame and adoration from the dozens of avid fans who come to our shows. Membership is an ongoing commitment; this is not a one-time show.

No need to prepare a monologue. Be ready to play.

For an audition appointment please send a request to michaelburns at mopco.org with the subject heading AUDITION REQUEST. Attach pic (professional headshot not necessary) and resume.

Michael Burns
michaelburns at mopco.org
(518)248-7430