[Capdist-auditions] Family Players' "Happy Anniversary, Angel! Love, Gino" Seeks Best Man

Julie Phillips juliepaperclip at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 16:15:02 EST 2014

Be Our Sly Correlli!

We need a Best Man who can keep the anniversary couple in line while also embracing his love for all things "Wizard of Oz." Family Players of NENY is looking for a 25-40 year old to play Sly Correlli in our February improv/dinner show, "Happy Anniversary, Angel! Love, Gino." We're working with the Italian Benevolent Society (IBS) to present this very funny interactive show on Feb. 15 at 6 pm and Feb. 16 at 3 pm at the West Albany IBS at 50 Exchange Street, Albany. Join a great cast of characters for about 10-12 rehearsals as we bring this anniversary party vividly to life!

Please email co-director Julie Phillips at julescphillips at gmail.com or call 374-4012 if you're interested and/or if you have questions. This gig just came up and we welcome the right person joining our stellar, funny, welcoming cast!

Here's more about Sly...

Sylvester “Sly”
is Gino’s best man. He is Gino’s closest friend and confidant. Sly is a man’s
man, tough but gentle, understanding but firm and a little set in his ways. He
likes Angel and thinks what they have as a family is awesome. He would do
anything to protect their relationship. He has never been married but has dated
many beautiful women. They flock to him. He is handsome and charming, but never
appears on the make.

Gino and Sly were in high school together. They were on the same baseball and
wrestling teams, and took sisters to the senior prom. When Gino and Angel were
married, Sly was there as his best man.

Sly works as a new car salesman at the Wheeler Dealer Cadillac Showroom He is a
successful salesman and very popular with the lady buyers. He met his last
steady girlfriend at the dealership. She came in to buy a used pickup for her
brother and walked out with a new Eldorado ... and Sly. That lasted three
weeks, but she loved the car. He likes the attention he gets from the ladies.

He was born Sylvester Luciano Corelli to a big Italian family. He didn’t go to
college because he didn’t think it was necessary. So far, he feels he made the
right choice. He was top salesman last year. Where else can you make good money
and drive a new Caddy home for free?

Sly does have one strange quirk; he has an odd hobby; he likes to collect
Wizard of Oz memorabilia. When he was around six years old he got the chicken
pox. Since he couldn’t go to school, his mother put him on the couch and all he
could do was watch TV. It just so happened that The Wizard of Oz was on and he
instantly became hooked. Some of his buddies think Sly’s obsession is a little
weird, but after one guy in high school called him a sissy when he saw a Wizard
of Oz lunchbox in his locker, Sly took care of the guy and got suspended for
three days. Nobody said anything after that. Sometimes Sly uses his obsession
to his benefit with the ladies. His prized possession is an autographed copy of
the Wizard script signed by who else but Judy Garland. Imagine what Francois
would say to that!