[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS FOR "ELM CIRCLE", Theatre Project of Schoharie County

rcleeve at nycap.rr.com rcleeve at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jan 23 15:15:01 EST 2014

Please distribute this announcement

A REMINDER-

"Elm Circle" auditions will be held this Saturday and Sunday at 1PM at "Teen Town" (103 High Street), Cobleskill Youth Center, in Cobleskill, NY.

This production is under the direction of Willard Martin-  contact at 518.234.4892
We are looking for a theatrically strong 14-19 year old female to play the lead. Others may be considered.
Other characters- FEMALE: late 30s+
                  MALE: early 40s
                  MALE: late teens
                  MALE: early 20s

Other characters in this play will be "doubled" by the main cast members.

This show was written by Mick Casale, a former resident of Troy, NY, and contains many references to the capital district. It takes place around the Summer of 1977. The plot centers around a young female who thinks that she is having, or has had, an incredible life- living amongst many actors, musicians, etc., and actually believing that she has written/performed some of their songs, dialogue, etc. She is basically living the entire show in her own head and is always "ON STAGE" -- ALTHOUGH NOT ALWAYS INVOLVED WITH THE OTHER CHARACTERS. It's wonderful show and basically an "unknown" in many theatrical companies. We like it that way!

Production dates are March 27-30th, at the Golding Middle School auditorium in Cobleskill.

Please consider joining us for the auditions this weekend.
Thanks,
Ron Cleeve, Producer  (518.234.3940)