[Capdist-auditions] Audition announcement/please post

Tony Pallone tonypallone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:51:37 EDT 2014

Classic Theater Guild announces auditions for its outdoor summer
Shakespeare show, part of the Helderberg Theater Festival held at Indian
Ladder Farms in Altamont and the GE Theatre at Proctors in Schenectady.
This year, we'll be letting the fairies run wild as we put our unique spin
onto that most fantastical of Shakespeare's comedies, "A Midsummer Night's
Dream."

Auditions will be held Sunday, March 30 and Monday, March 31, starting with
signups at 6:30 p.m. and running from 7:00-9:00 p.m., at Classic Theater
Guild's home base, 137 State Street, Schenectady. Please prepare a one- to
two-minute comic Shakespearean monologue; we will also be reading from
sides available at the audition. The full text of the play can be found at
http://shakespeare.mit.edu/midsummer/

All roles are available, and we plan to cast a diverse group of actors of
all ages. Rehearsals will begin in late April; the festival runs July 18-27
plus an additional gala performance on Aug. 2; exact performance dates for
"Midsummer" to be determined. For more information, contact director Tony
Pallone, tonypallone at gmail.com.

Also seeking technical/crew volunteers; please contact director Tony
Pallone, tonypallone at gmail.com, stating your area of interest.