[Capdist-auditions] Twelfth Night Auditions - Open Call ( Date Correction & Additional Info)

Benjamin Mccauley bmccauley6 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 09:14:54 EDT 2014

The date has been corrected and character information is now included.

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

Directed by Benjamin McCauley
Produced by Molly Water and Benjamin McCauley

Auditions for Twelfth Night will be Thursday, April 3rd at "Our Saviors Lutheran Church" in Colonie starting at 7:00 PM.

To get to the auditions, please enter from the school area in back and follow the signs.

All roles are available, and in some cases, understudies will be cast as well.
Understudies will be able to perform at least 1-2 performance during the run.

If cast, rehearsals will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting April 8th.

The show itself will run through the weekend of
May 30-June 1, with a Friday and Saturday Night performance, and a matinee on Saturday and Sunday.

Nothing is needed to prepare for auditions (unless you have something you really want to show) as the auditions will be purely cold reads from the script.

There will be sides for people to look at while they wait.

If you can make it, try to let myself (Ben) know so I have a rough estimate on how many people will be there.

If you CANNOT make it, but are still interested in being a part of the show, let me know and we can either try to set up another time to meet, or possibly have you record something and send it to me.

ROLES:

Viola - A young woman of aristocratic birth, and the play's protagonist. Washed up on the shore of Illyria when her ship is wrecked in a storm, Viola decides to make her own way in the world. She disguises herself as a young man, calling herself "Cesario," and becomes a page to Duke Orsino.

Orsino - A powerful nobleman in the country of Illyria. Orsino is lovesick for the beautiful Lady Olivia, but becomes more and more fond of his handsome new page boy, Cesario, who is actually a woman--Viola.

Olivia - A wealthy, beautiful, and noble Illyrian lady, Olivia is courted by Orsino and Sir Andrew Aguecheek, but to each of them she insists that she is in mourning for her brother, who has recently died, and will not marry for seven years.

Sebastian - Viola's lost twin brother. When he arrives in Illyria, traveling with Antonio, his close friend and protector, Sebastian discovers that many people think that they know him.

Malvolio - The straitlaced steward--or head servant--in the household of Lady Olivia. Malvolio is very efficient but also very self-righteous, and he has a poor opinion of drinking, singing, and fun.

Feste - The clown, or fool, of Olivia's household, Feste moves between Olivia's and Orsino's homes. In spite of being a professional fool, Feste often seems the wisest character in the play.

Sir Toby - Olivia's uncle. Olivia lets Sir Toby Belch live with her, but she does not approve of his rowdy behavior, practical jokes, heavy drinking, late-night carousing, or friends (specifically the idiotic Sir Andrew).

Maria - Olivia's clever, daring young waiting-gentlewoman. Maria is remarkably similar to her antagonist, Malvolio, who harbors aspirations of rising in the world through marriage.

Sir Andrew Aguecheek - A friend of Sir Toby's. Sir Andrew Aguecheek attempts to court Olivia, but he doesn't stand a chance. He thinks that he is witty, brave, young, and good at languages and dancing, but he is actually an idiot.

Antonio - A man who rescues Sebastian after his shipwreck. Antonio has become very fond of Sebastian, caring for him, accompanying him to Illyria, and furnishing him with money--all because of a love so strong that it seems to be romantic in nature.

There are a few other smaller roles that I will be casting from the auditioners, but these are the main roles I am looking for and will read at auditions.

If you have any questions, you can email me at BMcCauley6 at yahoo.com

Also, join the Facebook event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/530025240450568/

Hope to see you there!