[Capdist-auditions] Capital Rep: The Secret Garden Auditions

Charlie Owens cowens at capitalrep.org
Wed Oct 8 11:22:27 EDT 2014

Capital Repertory Theatre
The Secret Garden
Tuesday October 14 from 3:30-5:30PM
Capital Rep, 111 N. Pearl St., Albany, NY
Auditions for the non-union roles of Captain Albert and Colin for our upcoming production of THE SECRET GARDEN.
SEEKING:
Captain Albert: TENOR (30s-40s) - Mary Lennox's loving father. There's lots of singing in this role, solo and harmony. Capt.Albert is a British officer who dies of cholera while stationed in India. Actor must exude warmth and compassion and be able to have the bearing of the Royal British Army.
COLIN: (10-12) SOPRANO. Colin Craven begins the play as a cripple both in body and spirit. Through his relationship with Mary Lennox, he shares in bringing a decaying garden to life, opening his own heart and his father's. This is a wonderful opportunity for a young actor to really shine. We are considering casting 2 Colins, both of whom will perform.
Rehearsals start: Oct. 28. Play opens Nov. 21 and closes Dec. 21. Actors receive a meal/travel allotment of $125/week. To receive more information and the audition scene and music, please email pic/resume to casting at capitalrep.org.