[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for Classic Holiday Revue at SLCA - September 17, 19, 20

Sand Lake Center for the Arts info at slca-ctp.org
Sun Sep 14 18:51:22 EDT 2014

SLCA's Classic Holiday Revue
A Song-and-Dance Night of Auld Lang Syne

Sand Lake Center for the Arts is hosting a "Classic Holiday Revue" on
Saturday, December 6th, 2014 from 6 to 8 pm. The night - filled with the
best of our local performers - will revive that spirit of olden days gone by
way of a nostalgic pastiche of song, dance and comedy. Most of all, we'll
take you on a trip down memory lane - back to the years when American
popular culture was Casablanca, Crosby and, every December, a good
old-fashioned Christmas.

We are looking for talented, energetic and versatile performers of all ages
who can do one or more of the following things:

-         Sing (1940s-1950s style preferred)

-         Dance (tap preferred)

-         Do impressions

-         Act in short skits

-         Play piano (classic 40-50s style preferred)

For singers and pianists, please prepare a 40s-50s, Great American
Songbook-style tune of approximately 32 bars.  An accompanist will be
provided. Song does not have to be holiday-themed.

For tap dancers, comedians and impressionists, please prepare a short
routine (1-2 minutes).

For actors, please prepare a dramatic reading "The Night Before Christmas"
or a brief comedic monologue of your choice.

Auditions will take place at Sand Lake Center for the Arts on September 17
and 19 at 6 PM and September 20th at 1 PM.

Please call 518 466 0929 for more information, or email
<mailto:steven.t.keller at gmail.com> steven.t.keller at gmail.com.

Sand Lake Center for the Arts is located on Rte.43 in Averill Park, a half
mile past the blinking yellow light by the intersection with the Lakeview
Restaurant, on the left hand side across from Ace Hardware.  It is fifteen
minutes from I-90 and Rte.43 (Defreestville Exit), 30 minutes from
Crossgates Mall area, 30 minutes from Delmar and Glenmont, 35-40 from
Schenectady.