[Capdist-auditions] auditions wonderful life

ohwowed at aol.com ohwowed at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 22:58:10 EDT 2014

also we would like to inform people that we will read from the script and/or perform short, 2 minute, monologues.

-

Classic Theater Guild announces auditions for the Christmas classic,
"It's a Wonderful Life" Adapted for the stage by James W. Rodgers. Based on the film by Frank Capra.
directed by Peggi Perrone

Three audition times are available:

Saturday, Sept. 27th at 4:00 pm
Tuesday, Sept. 30th and Wednesday, Oct 1st both at 7:00 pm
Location: 137 State St, Schenectady

Performance dates at Proctor's on December 5th, 6th, 7th, 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th.
Rehearsals will be in the Dutch Reformed Church, 8 North Church St., Schenectady

Cast: 12 men, 10 women, 2 boys, 2 girls (doubling possible). In our American culture It's a Wonderful Life has become almost as familiar as Dickens' A Christmas Carol. The story is a natural for a stage adaptation: the saga of George Bailey, the Everyman from the small town of Bedford Falls, whose dreams of escape and adventure have been squashed by family obligation and civic duty, whose guardian angel has to descend on Christmas Eve to save him from despair and to remind him, by showing him what the world would have been like had he never been born, that his has been, after all, a wonderful life. This faithful adaptation has all your favorite characters: George and Mary, Clarence, Uncle Billy, Violet, and, of course, the Scrooge-like villain, Mr. Potter. This fine dramatization not only celebrates the faith of the season, it also celebrates the American philosophy of life: hard work, fair play and that love and support of one's family and community will be rewarded.

 for further information call 424-6579