[Capdist-auditions] Performers wanted for The Rejection Project 518

The Rejection Project (518) therejectionproject518 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 19:44:33 EDT 2015

*What:* Informational Meeting for Interested Performers & Writing Workshop
for The Rejection Project 518, a community-based theatre experiment.
*When: *Tuesday May 5th, between 5-8PM
*Where: *The Social Justice Center of Albany, 33 Central Ave
*Why: *For those interested in submitting writing for the project, this
will serve as a workshop to respond to prompts and discuss relevant topics.
For interested performers, this will serve as both a writing workshop and
meeting to get familiar with the project and learn about the commitment
required for performing in it.
*Who: *Actors and non-actors and performers of any ability, age, race,
sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, class background
from the Albany County Community.

The Rejection Project will be holding an informational meeting this
coming *Tuesday,
May 5th, from 5-8PM*. Please join us, if you are interested in being
involved in the project as a performer OR if you want to contribute some
writing but haven't yet gotten the chance to come to a workshop.

The purpose of this meeting is threefold: 1.) to gauge interest from
potential performers and talk about the logistics of the project, 2.) to do
some more free writing on the topic and collect final thoughts, and 3.) to
have an informal 'audition' of sorts. The audition portion of the evening
will most likely consist of reading some of the pieces written during the
workshop and not of prepared monologues or scenes. *No preparation is
needed for the meeting.*

This will be the final chance to contribute writing to this piece, as we
need to start sculpting all of the materials we've collected into a
play! *Please
share this event with people who you think might be interested in writing
AND/OR performing in this piece.* All ages are invited! You don't need to
have a formal background in performance to act in The Rejection Project--
we just want community voices that are strong and clear, and we want to
work with people who are excited about making something together.

If you can't attend the workshop and want to be a part of the project,
please let us know and we can schedule an alternative meeting time with
you.

If you can't attend the workshop and still want to submit written
materials, please do so to our email therejectionproject518 at gmail.com or
through our online form <http://goo.gl/forms/qadvUxGg18>, which goes
directly to us but can remain anonymous.

Hope to work with you soon!

*The Rejection Project (518)*
Email: therejectionproject518 at gmail.com
Twitter: @TheRejection518 <https://twitter.com/TheRejection518>
Instagram: @rejectionproject518 <https://instagram.com/rejectionproject518/>
Facebook: The Rejection Project
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Rejection-Project-Albany/1572207129727748>
Form for submissions <http://goo.gl/forms/bXwLQlnmrM>

The Rejection Project (518) is a newly developing, community-based,
multimedia, intergenerational theatre experiment in Albany County. This
project will devise an ensemble-based theatre performance that addresses
the many individual interpretations of REJECTION through a process of
sourcing written responses from a diverse pool of community members of all
races, gender and sexual orientations, ages, and class backgrounds.