[Capdist-auditions] Park Playhouse Fall Classes - Fee Required

Ashley-Simone Kirchner ashley at parkplayhouse.com
Tue Aug 11 15:45:57 EDT 2015

Park Playhouse is thrilled to announce its Fall Class Series for 2015!

Dance Classes

Park Playhouse's resident choreographer, Ashley-Simone Kirchner, offers a
full series of dance classes in a variety of styles to students at a range
of skill levels. Classes run on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from September
15 through November 17 along the following schedule:

Tap Dance - Tuesdays @ 5:30pm (one-hour class)
Ballet - Tuesdays @ 6:30pm (one-hour class)
Musical Theatre Dance - Tuesdays @ 7:30pm (one-hour class)
Advanced Jazz - Thursdays @ 5:30pm (90-minute class). Note: prior dance
training required.

Whether you are a beginner or an advanced student, our classes in tap,
ballet, musical theatre dance and jazz will help develop your skills for
application in the theatre. Classes will be held at The Palace Theatre in
Albany. For registration forms and pricing, visit our website
www.parkplayhouse.com/arts-education

Performing Artists' Workshop

Being on stage can be intimidating for a newcomer. From learning theatrical
terms, to finding your singing voice, to conquering stage fright, the most
important thing for beginners and intermediate-level students is to jump in
and build their confidence and comfortability. With a team of instructors
including resident choreographer Ashley-Simone Kirchner, popular local
performer and vocal instructor Lisa Passonno Franklin and Playhouse
Producing Artistic Director Owen Smith, our staff is ideal to help young
students gain a fundamental understanding of the theatrical process. Classes
are held Wednesdays from 5:30 to 7:00pm at the Palace Theatre. Visit
www.parkplayhouse.com/arts-education for pricing and registration materials.

Advanced Scene Study

This new class series is dedicated to advancing students' skills in the art
of acting. While many local students have private voice teachers or
participate in dance studios, it is our experience that very few students
have gained formal instruction in acting technique. We firmly believe that
this is essential for success in theatre, including success as a dancer or
vocalist. Classes run Thursday evenings from September 17 to November 19,
and are intended for students ages 15 to 18 who have participated in plays
or musicals before. Classes are held Thursdays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at The
Palace Theatre. Visit www.parkplayhouse.com/arts-education for registration
details.