[Capdist-auditions] AUDITIONS for "Don't Fear the Reaper"

Ryan Kutler ryan.kutler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 08:35:37 EDT 2015

Greetings and Salutations,

I am writing to remind everyone that the Delta Xi cast of Alpha Psi Omega
will be holding auditions for our upcoming productions of "Don't Fear the
Reaper" a comedy one-act by Eddie Zipperer.

This two-night event, September 18th and 19th 2015, will be directed by our
very own Michael Gardner.

Auditions will be held at the RPI Playhouse this *Saturday August 29th and
Sunday August 30th at 1:00 pm*.  All are welcome to audition and no
preparation will be necessary.

A description of the play from the director is as follows:

"Don’t Fear the Reaper takes us through a day in the life of the Grim
Reaper in three hilarious scenes. We join the Reaper at the front door of a
married couple, whom each decide it must be the other’s time to kick the
bucket. They try to lure their partner to their demise through increasingly
passive-aggressive strategies until they realize they cannot throw their
love to Death. Next is Steve. Steve was so mediocre in life that he has a
perfect balance of good and evil and must choose his own fate on The Fating
Game, hosted by the dashing Donnie Destiny, where the contestant must
choose between the fates, God and Satan, vying for his/her soul for
eternity. At the end of the day, Death is called into God’s office and is
told due to too many souls end up in the wrong afterlife Death must hand
over his scythe to Jeremy (formerly the grim reaper of insects). The Reaper
insists that people should be able to die with a little compassion and runs
away with the scythe, going rogue. The play comes to a end with the Reaper
being cornered by his wife (Conception), God, Satan, and Jeremy and being
forced to decide to go quietly or take the world down with him.
The play is roughly 45 minutes long. 7m, 3w, 1 either, 2 nonspeaking either"

Remember all are welcome to audition. You need only audition at one of the
audition times, but you are more than welcome to audition both nights
should you be inclined to do so. Please email me directly with any
questions about the audition process.

Best,
Ryan Kutler
Producer