[Capdist-auditions] Soloist Wanted

anon kpm anonkpm at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 10:22:24 EST 2015

Our small country church, located in Duannesburg, is seeking a paid soloist to sing one Sunday each month for $40.  They will be expected to sing the psalm and two solos.  The singer will work with the organist (who can sight read, fake, improvise and transpose very well) at selecting the music to ensure liturgical correctness while also allowing some "wiggle room" should the soloist be desirous of using their existing repertoire.
Soloists may choose to rehearse with the organist during the week or briefly prior to the 10:00 service on Sunday morning provided they come in prepared and not expecting to use that time to learn their music.  Our organist will make every effort to provide audio recordings of any co-selected music, which for the most part has been done via email and YouTube in the past.
Our current soloists/cantors select much of their repertoire from BREAKING BREAD which matches our weekly readings very nicely.  We enjoy both classical and contemporary liturature.  We do not expect the soloist to feign spirituality but all are welcome to partake in Eucharist.  Our congregation is small, warm and welcoming.
This is a great opportunity for a singer to work on their reading, repertoire, leadership and liturgical skills.  Come grow with us.
 Email anonkpm at yahoo.com for more information or to set up a simple audition.