[Capdist-auditions] Capdist Auditions Posting

Harrison Kewan harrisok at union.edu
Fri Jan 16 13:48:05 EST 2015

Hello,
	I would like to post a casting call for a short film. The notice is below, thank you:

We are looking to fill several roles for a 30-minute short film titled “The Hunt”. This project will be completed as part of our Senior Thesis at Union College. “The Hunt” revolves around a retired detective, Karl, who stumbles upon a man that he believes may have something to hide. At the same time someone goes missing and Karl struggles to piece together this mysterious disappearance all while being doubted at every angle by those closest to him. If you are interested in obtaining a role in “The Hunt” please email a professional headshot and a brief description of yourself to kewanharrison at gmail.com <mailto:kewanharrison at gmail.com>.

This is an UNPAID gig, but we will compensate by providing craft services, a copy of the completed film for your reel, and credit. Below are short descriptions of the characters.

Speaking Roles:

Karl Smith (40’s/50’s)

Karl is a retired detective who leaves behind the city life for a life of comfort. But the retired life is not as blissful as he imagined. Karl looks for an opportunity to fill the emptiness in his life. The opportunity is a chance to hunt.

Ryanne Smith (30’s)

Ryanne is married to Karl. She is very familiar with the small town American lifestyle. She is a successful electrical engineer and is struggling with her new role as provider. She works a lot and is bothered by her husband’s lack of motivation and his recently acquired laziness.

Troy (20’s)

Troy is a rugged man who has a history of family abuse. At a young age he distanced himself from an abusive father and an emotionally unstable mother. Troy finds it difficult to trust and is does not value the company of others.

Tom (40’s/50’s)

Tom is a small town detective who is a close friend of Karl’s. He shows up when someone goes missing. He is very professional and intelligible.

Non-Speaking roles:

Lisa (30’s/40’s)

-Married to Tom