[Capdist-auditions] Needed: A leading man for low-budget film

John Brent Medialux at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jun 29 15:57:10 EDT 2015

I am looking for a leading man for my low-budget film project, EMBRACE THE NIGHT.  The original script is written in film noir style and takes place in 1959. A series of murders take place in which all the victims are gay men. Lujack, a down-on-his-luck private detective investigates the murders with the help of a younger (mid-20s) gay man who helps him infiltrate  the underground, secretive gay community of the period. As the story evolves, Lujack finds himself becoming more attracted to his younger helper and ultimately must come to terms with his own long-repressed sexuality. I need a leading man to take on the challenging role of Lujack. He should be between 35 and 45 and a leading man as opposed to a character actor. The actor should be comfortable with the gay aspects of the story which will be handled with taste and discretion. The film will be shot in the Albany area during the summer and early fall months as cast and crew are available. There will be some modest compensation for the actor taking on this role. I have been trying to cast this role without success. Some actors are uncomfortable with the gay subject matter. Others do not have the time available to devote to such an ambitious project. A number of actors who have responded to earlier postings are better suited to character roles. This is a tall order but I am confident there is an actor reading this who meets the requirements and if cast will be pleased to have been a part of EMBRACE THE NIGHT and proud of the finished film which is timely and original with an actor-driven script that will provide a showcase for the cast. Please contact Jack Brent at Medialux.nycap.rr.com for more information and to set up a time to read.