[Capdist-auditions] Need a film crew

Michael Turner mturner15 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:01:25 EDT 2015

*Can I also request a crew through your listserv? If so can you post the
following:*

My name is Michael Turner, and I'm shooting a film based on a short story I
published called "What Goes Down Must Come Up." It's about a teacher with
low self-esteem who feels like no one respects him, so he decides to commit
suicide by jumping off of a bridge. However, when he reaches the top of the
bridge there is another man looking to do the same thing, and the two
discuss their reasons for jumping. That's the gist of it. It's a free
download that you can read on Nook, Kindle, and a variety of other
platforms. I adapted the book into a screenplay, and I would like to shoot
this month.

I'm planning on doing the editing and some of the cinematography, but I
could use a second shooter. And if you have some fast lenses for a canon
DSLR with a aps-c sensor that would be great because most of the film will
be shot in a dark environment. I have lenses, but additional tools won't
hurt.

I would like to have someone that could serve as a boom operator too. I
have audio equipment.

If someone is good at lighting, I could use a gaffer. I have a couple of
battery powered lights, but the more the better. Keep in mind that we need
lights that are portable, so we can shoot outside in the dark.

And honestly, anyone that is motivated and reliable that I can share ideas
with. And if there is something else you can bring to the table that would
be helpful in the movie, please let me know. There's no pay for this, but I
see this being incredibly fun and a good learning experience for anyone who
would like to be involved. Respond to writermwturner at gmail.com if you are
interested.

Thanks,
Mike