[Capdist-auditions] One act play

irene shamas ishamas12 at simons-rock.edu
Sat Sep 26 20:57:36 EDT 2015

Hello,
I am writing to on recommendation from Kristen van Ginhoven.

I'm a senior at Bard College at Simon's Rock. I'm currently working on my senior thesis.

The piece is a one-act play I wrote called Lesbian Mothers Don't Get Divorced. The play is about the delicacy and fierceness of family dynamics, and follows two almost-adult siblings' journey trying to navigate a change they never anticipated.

I'm looking for two strong female actors who can play 40-60. I got in touch with Kristen and he gave me your information to see if you might know of anyone who might be interested in this project.

We start rehearsing the first week of october and will be rehearsing a few nights a week every week in October. There will be three performances the last weekend in October, the 29th, 30th, and 31st at 7pm each night.

If you know anyone who might be interested, I'd love to get in touch with them!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Irene Shamas