[Capdist-auditions] One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Auditions - Gender Neutral Casting

Jj Buechner localactorsguild at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:40:49 EST 2016

The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga is proud to announce their auditions for
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest…with a twist. With special permission from
Samuel French Inc. and the estate of Dale Wasserman we are able to cast our
production gender-neutral…what does that mean. We realize that Theater is a
place of acceptance and we want anyone who may not fit into gender normal
standards to be able to have a place to perform live theater. In a world of
gender fluidity we are welcome everyone to audition for any role they like.
We are hoping this will bring out actors that might shy away from
auditioning because they don’t feel “they fit a particular role.” We will
also be color blind casting a well.

Auditions are March 22nd – 7:30pm at the Saratoga Arts Center, 320
Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY. Rehearsals will begin the first week of
April and the show runs two weekends starting May 13th.

Actors will read from sides provided. Please bring a headshot and resume if
you have one. If there are any questions please email
localactorsguild at gmail.com

McMurphy has a criminal past and has once again gotten himself into trouble
and is sentenced by the court. To escape labor duties in prison, McMurphy
pleads insanity and is sent to a ward for the mentally unstable. Once here,
McMurphy both endures and stands witness to the abuse and degradation of
the oppressive Nurse Ratched, who gains superiority and power through the
flaws of the other inmates. McMurphy and the other inmates’ band together
to make a rebellious stance against the atrocious Nurse.

CHIEF BROMDEN - a patient

AIDE WARREN - staff

AIDE WILLIAMS - staff

NURSE FLINN - staff

DALE HARDING - a patient

ELLIS BILLY BIBBIT - a patient

SCANLON - a patient

CHESWICK - a patient

MARTINI - a patient

RUCKLY - a patient

FREDERICKS SEFELT

COL. MATTERSON

RANDLE P. MCMURPHY

DR. SPIVEY - staff

AIDE TURKLE - staff

CANDY STARR

NURSE NAKAMURA

SANDRA

*Please note the role of Nurse Ratched has already been cast.