[Capdist-auditions] GODSPELL AUDITIONS March 14th & 16th - Thrilling New Production Seeking Ethnically Diverse Cast Members

MATTHEW T TEICHNER mschner1 at mac.com
Mon Feb 22 16:30:46 EST 2016

GODSPELL AUDITIONS

R’vile Stage Creations Announces Auditions…

From the Director of RENT * and Spring Awakening at The Empire State Performing Arts Center 2011 and 2013 (Voted Best Musical 2011 in the Times Union Reader’s Poll)…

GODSPELL
Music & Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Book by John-Michael Tebelak
Based on The Gospel of St. Matthew

Directed by Matthew T. Teichner
Musical Direction by Frank Leavitt

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE DIRECTOR AT 518-669-9965

Auditions will be held in two separate locations on two different nights as follows:
March 14th at 7:00 PM: Conkling Hall - 8 Methodist Hill Road, Rensselaerville, NY, 12147 (Only A 35-Minute Drive From The Capital District)
March 16th at 7:00 PM: Trinity United Methodist Church, 235 Lark Street, Albany, NY, 12210

Performances Will Be Held June 3rd-5th, 10th-12th, and 17th-19th, 2016 At Conkling Hall in Rensselaerville
We Will Be Holding Rehearsals (as much as possible) in the Local Capital District Area

Seeking An Ethnically Diverse Cast of 10-12 Performers (mix of men and women)
Vocal Ranges are Listed Below
Note: Special Skills Being Sought: Actors Who Play Musical Instruments, Jugglers, Tumblers, Performers Comfortable With Physical Comedy, etc.

This is going to be a thrilling new production of GODSPELL so come one come all…

GODSPELL was the first major musical theater offering from 3-time Grammy and Academy Award winning composer Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Children of Eden); and it took the world by storm.  Led by the international hit, “Day By Day,” GODSPELl features a parade of beloved songs including “Prepare Ye The Way of the Lord,” “Learn Your Lessons Well,” “All Good Gifts,” “Turn Back O Man,” and “By My Side.”

A small group of players help Jesus tell different parables by using a wide variety of games, storytelling techniques, and a hefty dose of comic timing.  Boasting a score with chart topping songs, a book by a visionary playwright (John-Michael Tebelak), and a feature film, GODSPELL is a sensation that continues to thrill audiences.

AUDITION DETAILS:
Please Prepare 16-32 Bars of a Song (Contemporary Broadway of Pop/Rock) - An Accompanist Will Be Provided...
Prepare a Monologue (Comedy or Comedy/Drama) - Monologues Will Be Provided At The Audition If You Don’t Have One...
There Will Also Be A Dance/Movement Audition So Come Comfortably Dressed - Please Note: This Will Primarily be a Movement Audition So Don’t be Dissuaded From Attending Auditions if you Don’t Dance

VOCAL RANGES:

Please note that the “soloists” are assigned the name of the performer playing the role… Company sings throughout, but featured song(s) are listed in parenthesis…

JESUS - Tenor or High Baritone G# Top Note (Save The People, All For The Best, Alas For You, Beautiful City)

JOHN THE BAPTIST/JUDAS - Baritone Eb Top Solo Note, Should Have An E For Harmonies (Prepare Ye, All For The Best)

SOLOIST #1 - Alto or Mezzo (Day By Day)

SOLOIST #2 - Mezzo (Learn Your Lessons Well, Day By Day)

SOLOIST #3 - Soprano - High A in “Oh Bless The Lord My Soul,” High C in “We Beseech Thee” (Oh Bless The Lord My Soul)

SOLOIST #4 - Tenor High A (All Good Gifts)

SOLOIST #5 - Baritone - Should Have An E For Harmonies (Light of The World)

SOLOIST #6 - Alto - Low D Below The Staff (Turn Back O Man)

SOLOIST #7 -  Alto (By My Side)

SOLOIST #8 - Tenor - Falsetto High D Above Staff (We Beseech Thee)