[Capdist-auditions] Taming of the Shrew - CAST Auditions - (fee required - scholarships available)

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Sat Jan 9 14:35:50 EST 2016

*C.A.S.T. Auditions – Shakespeare’s _The Taming of the Shrew_ *

*C*reative*Arts* at*S*teamer*T*en*– ages 7-17 *– this is a tuition based
program – scholarships available

Sunday/Monday – January 10 & 11 from 5:30 to 7:30

Steamer No.10 Theatre – 500 Western Ave. Albany, NY

– Parking at Citizens Bank – 501 Western Ave.

*Performance Dates: May 6 through 15, 2016*

More info: http://www.steamer10theatre.org/category/auditions

There are numerous roles for teens, particularly older teens.We only
make appointments for students unable to make the audition times.

*_Auditions_*– Please come prepared to read from sides – pieces of the
script – no preparation needed.

*CAST*– Creative Arts at Steamer Ten is our Theatre Arts program.We
produce shows with students aged 7 to 17 with rehearsals at least twice
each week over the course of a 10 week period.The cast and crew create
the sets and costumes for the show which has 6 to 8 performances over
two weekends.

This is a tuition based program - $250 which covers 10 weeks of
rehearsal/class twice each week for 2-3 hours; costumes, a DVD of the
show, and a show T-Shirt.Scholarships are available based on economic need.

*_The Taming of the Shrew_***- Two young noblemen, Grumio and Hortensio
both long to wed the same beautiful young woman. Unfortunately, her
wealthy father will not let his daughter marry unless her hot-tempered
sister, Katherina, also has a suitor. Luckily, Petruchio is looking for
an affluent woman to marry, so Grumio and Hortensio convince him to try
to woo the extremely volatile Katherina.

500 Western Avenue – Albany, NY 12203

518-438-5503

info at steamer10theatre.org <mailto:info at steamer10theatre.org>

www.steamer10theatre.org <http://www.steamer10theatre.org>