[Capdist-auditions] Bye Bye Birdie

Michelle Urban murban at galwayplayers.org
Thu Jan 21 02:03:10 EST 2016

Galway Players Spring 2016 Production

Bye Bye Birdie

Directed by Barbara Davis-Dickman

Music Director Kami Mueller

Performances on Saturday, April 30 at 7 PM & Sunday, May 1 at 2 PM

Rehearsals held on Sundays, 1-6:00 p.m.

Auditions

*Sunday, January 24, 2016, 1:00 PM*

*Galway School Auditorium*

*5317 Sacandaga Road, Galway NY 12074*

*Audition forms are available at www.galwayplayers.org
<http://www.galwayplayers.org/uploads/1/7/7/6/17768375/bye_bye_birdie_audition_form_.pdf>
*

Cast Information

PRINICPAL ROLES (4 female; 5 male)
Albert Peterson (Tenor) – young man in early thirties, President of
Almaelou Music Corp.
Rose Alvarez (Alto)– Albert’s secretary, principal dancer and singer
Conrad Birdie (Baritone)– rock star early 20’s

Mr. Harry MacAfee (Tenor) – father of Kim and Randolph
Mrs. Doris MacAfee (Alto) – mother of Kim and Randolph
Kim MacAfee (Soprano) – teenager, very pretty and quite self-possessed
Randolph MacAfee (Tenor) – Kim’s younger brother

Hugo Peabody (Speaking role only) – Kim’s “steady”
Ursula Merkle (Mezzo) – a hyper-enthusiastic teen friend and neighbor of
Kim’s

TEENAGERS (8 female; 3 male)

Deborah Sue – Sweet Apple teenager (teen chorus)
Margie – (teen chorus; speaks Act I, Scene 5; Act I, Scene 7)
Alice – Sweet Apple teenager and Mayor’s daughter (teen chorus)
Harvey Johnson (Tenor)– (teen chorus; speaks Act I, Scene 2)
Helen – teenage singer (non-speaking)
Nancy – (teen chorus; speaks Act I, Scene 5)
Penelope – (voice; Act I, Scene 5; Act II, Scene 7)
Suzie (non-speaking)
Karl (non-speaking)
Freddie (non-speaking)
One Girl – (teen chorus; speaks Act I, Scene 4)

ADULTS
Mrs. Mae Peterson (Likely only a speaking role)– Albert’s mother, the
quintessential “Mamma”
Gloria Rasputin (Soprano-but largely speaking and chorus) – A big broad,
tap-dancing “secretary” – Mae’s choice to replace Rosie
Bartender (member of Male Quartet)
Mayor – of Sweet Apple, Ohio
Mayor’s Wife – Edna (member of Quartette, Act I, Scene 9)
Mrs. Merkle – Ursula’s mother
Mr. Johnson – Harvey Johnson’s father
Conrad’s Guitar Man (non-speaking)
Policeman – in New York train station (speaks Act I, Scene 4)
First Reporter
Second Reporter (non-speaking cameraman)
Third Reporter
Traveler – part of crowd in New York train station (speaks Act I, Scene 4
only)
Trainman – (voice; Act I, Scene 4)

FROM THE CHORUS (non-speaking)
2 Sad Girls (dancers)
Travelers (adult chorus)
Train Station Personnel (baggage handlers, etcetera)
Policemen – New York and Ohio
Sweet Apple Parents (adult chorus)
2 Drum Majorettes
TV Show Stage Crew:
Stage Manager
4 Stagehands
2 Audio Men
2 Wardrobe Women
Doctor

Maude – proprietor/bartender of ‘Maude’s Roadside Retreat” (member of Male
Quartet)
Dishwasher (member of Male Quartet; speaks Act II, Scene 4)
First Customer (member of Male Quartet; speaks Act II, Scene 4)
Second Customer (member of Male Quartet; speaks Act II, Scene 4)
Quartet of Townspeople (men)
Sweet Apple Shriners (dancers)

Galway Players
*www.GalwayPlayers.org <http://www.GalwayPlayers.org>*