[Capdist-auditions] chorus for Verdi opera 'Otello' in Phoenicia

Louis Otey louisotey at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:40:46 EDT 2016

We are looking for accomplished choristers for our opera, Otello, at the Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice on Aug. 6. This will be an exciting opportunity to take part in a performance of extraordinary quality. This performance will be unique and garner a great deal of attention from the opera world because of the location and the amazing discovery of a sensational new voice, African American tenor, Limmie Pulliam.   The Phoenicia Festival of the Voice has garnered international acclaim and was delcared by Opera News to be a new summer destination on the level of Bard Summerscapes and Caramoor (http://www.operanews.com/Opera_News_Magazine/2015/12/Reviews/PHOENICIA,_NY__The_Medium,_Of_Mice_and_Men.html )   And as the Festival of the Voice continues to grow, we are looking for partnerships with quality organizations.   In short, each singer who participates will enjoy a unique experience of the highest quality and take part in what I believe will be a historic performance. Phoenicia is beautiful and not only are the performance standards of international quality but every participant will enjoy the beauty of the Catskills mountains, Esopus Creek and all that this lovely area has to offer.    Please help us and create a unique, transcendent experience for yourself. The Phoenicia Festival of the Voice already has an international reputation and with your participation in one Verdi's greatest operas, we will experience something unique, gratifying and edifying.    Rehearsals will be  July 12, 13; 19,20; 26, 27 in Woodstock, NY at the Kleinart Art  Gallery. Festival week (Aug. 1-7) There will be 2 rehearsals in Phoenicia---August 3 and the dress rehearsal, Aug. 4 at 2:30pm. Performance is Aug. 6, 8pm.  Chorus master is David Mayfield (who studied with Roberto Benaglio, former La Scala chorus master as well as the Dallas Opera.) conductor for the performance will be David Wroe.   You must be able to read music and learn the opera on your own though the performance is 'ON BOOK' and chorus is not staged.  Come join us for the experience of a lifetime.Please contact Louis Otey (artistic director) at L.Otey at PhoeniciaVoiceFest.com