[Capdist-auditions] Scandalous Audition Announced

Andrew Higgs '14 ahiggs14 at elmira.edu
Tue Mar 1 08:29:32 EST 2016

*Lights Up Productions will hold auditions for actors and actresses of any
age on Thursday, March 10 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at Our Saviors Lutheran
Church (63 Mountain View Avenue, Albany).  We ask that applicants email
lightsup_productions at yahoo.com <lightsup_productions at yahoo.com> for a
audition time slot.  Performers should prepare a vocal audition (16
measures of any Broadway song) and read from the script.  No ACCAPELLA
AUDITIONS will be permitted.  Rehearsals will begin immediately and will
occur several days of the week (casting will influence what day[s] you are
called to rehearse).  Character descriptions can be found below.  For the
roles of Aimee Semple McPherson, James Kennedy, Minnie Kennedy, Robert
Semple and Emma Jo Schaeffer please submit a headshot and resume in order
to receive audition materials (we will be asking you to perform from the
show, as well as your initial audition).  For these five roles, we will be
accepting both Union and Non-Union applications.  Production dates are
April 30th and May 1st.*

*Character Breakdown*

*Female Roles​Aimee Semple McPhersonMinnie Kennedy​Emma Jo
Schaeffer​Louella ParsonsPeggy Rae WhartonEve/MyrtleMale Roles​James
Kennedy/Brother Bob​Robert Semple/David HuttonHarold McPherson/Kenneth
Ormiston​Mayor Cryer/William Randolph Hearst/Boxing Ring AnnouncerAsa
Keyes​Charlie Chaplin/Boxer​​Please note we will be seeking 4 additional
males and females to stage the show. *