[Capdist-auditions] GODSPELL Auditions - Exciting New Production

MATTHEW T TEICHNER mschner1 at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 00:25:22 EST 2016

GODSPELL AUDITIONS

R’vile Stage Creations Announces Auditions…

From the Director of RENT * and Spring Awakening at The Empire State Performing Arts Center 2011 and 2013 (Voted Best Musical 2011 in the Times Union Reader’s Poll)…

GODSPELL
Music & Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Book by John-Michael Tebelak
Based on The Gospel of St. Matthew

Directed by Matthew T. Teichner
Musical Direction by Frank Leavitt
Choreography by Marcus Rogers

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE DIRECTOR AT 518-669-9965

Auditions will be held in two separate locations on two different nights as follows:
March 14th at 7:00 PM: Conkling Hall - 8 Methodist Hill Road, Rensselaerville, NY, 12147 (Only A 35-Minute Drive From The Capital District)
March 16th at 7:00 PM: Trinity United Methodist Church, 235 Lark Street, Albany, NY, 12210

Performances Will Be Held June 3rd-5th, 10th-12th, and 17th-19th, 2016 At Conkling Hall in Rensselaerville
We Will Be Holding Rehearsals (as much as possible) in the Local Capital District Area

Seeking An Ethnically Diverse Cast of 10-12 Performers (mix of men and women)
Vocal Ranges are Listed Below
Note: Special Skills Being Sought: Actors Who Play Musical Instruments, Jugglers, Tumblers, Performers Comfortable With Physical Comedy, etc.

This is going to be a thrilling new production of GODSPELL so come one come all…

GODSPELL was the first major musical theater offering from 3-time Grammy and Academy Award winning composer Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Children of Eden); and it took the world by storm.  Led by the international hit, “Day By Day,” GODSPELl features a parade of beloved songs including “Prepare Ye The Way of the Lord,” “Learn Your Lessons Well,” “All Good Gifts,” “Turn Back O Man,” and “By My Side.”

A small group of players help Jesus tell different parables by using a wide variety of games, storytelling techniques, and a hefty dose of comic timing.  Boasting a score with chart topping songs, a book by a visionary playwright (John-Michael Tebelak), and a feature film, GODSPELL is a sensation that continues to thrill audiences.

AUDITION DETAILS:
Please Prepare 16-32 Bars of a Song (Contemporary Broadway of Pop/Rock) - An Accompanist Will Be Provided...
Prepare a Monologue (Comedy or Comedy/Drama) - Monologues Will Be Provided At The Audition If You Don’t Have One...
There Will Also Be A Dance/Movement Audition So Come Comfortably Dressed - Please Note: This Will Primarily be a Movement Audition So Don’t be Dissuaded From Attending Auditions if you Don’t Dance

VOCAL RANGES:

Please note that the “soloists” are assigned the name of the performer playing the role… Company sings throughout, but featured song(s) are listed in parenthesis…

JESUS - Tenor or High Baritone G# Top Note (Save The People, All For The Best, Alas For You, Beautiful City)

JOHN THE BAPTIST/JUDAS - Baritone Eb Top Solo Note, Should Have An E For Harmonies (Prepare Ye, All For The Best)

SOLOIST #1 - Alto or Mezzo (Day By Day)

SOLOIST #2 - Mezzo (Learn Your Lessons Well, Day By Day)

SOLOIST #3 - Soprano - High A in “Oh Bless The Lord My Soul,” High C in “We Beseech Thee” (Oh Bless The Lord My Soul)

SOLOIST #4 - Tenor High A (All Good Gifts)

SOLOIST #5 - Baritone - Should Have An E For Harmonies (Light of The World)

SOLOIST #6 - Alto - Low D Below The Staff (Turn Back O Man)

SOLOIST #7 -  Alto (By My Side)

SOLOIST #8 - Tenor - Falsetto High D Above Staff (We Beseech Thee)

Sent from my iPhone 5s