[Capdist-auditions] Auditions for local feature film

Marlena Skrobe marlenaskrobe at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:22:52 EDT 2016

Hello!

I hope this finds you well. We are shooting feature film *We The Animals* this
summer in Utica, New York. We are looking to cast some of the roles locally
and would love to open this opportunity up to the Capital Region community.

The film, based on the best-selling novel We The Animals by Justin Torres
<http://www.amazon.com/we-animals-justin-torres/dp/b00bcueqjs>, tells the
story of the harsh yet loving dynamic of a mixed-race, working class
family, seen through the eyes of the youngest son as he discovers his
artistic identity.

*We The Animals* is a passion project for the Emmy-nominated director,
Jeremiah Zagar
<http://thepublicrecord.tv/work/director/jeremiah_zagar/in_a_dream>, a
well-known documentary filmmaker who has been developing this film for
several years with the support of the Sundance Institute
<http://www.sundance.org/> and the Independent Filmmaker Project
<http://www.ifp.org/>.

I've attached our casting kit as well as a flyer with all the roles we are
looking to cast and separate flyers for the roles.

Our open call is:

*City Hall *

*Saturday. May 28th *

*1 Kennedy Plaza, Utica, New York 13502*

*10:00 am - 5:00 pm *

Our production office is based out of Brooklyn - so just trying to spread
word about this open call as best as possible! This will be our first big
open call, but we will most likely host more - or people are welcome to
submit self tapes. We don't want anyone to feel like they can't reach out
to us because they can't make it on the 28th. Our e-mail is:

*casting at thepublicrecord.tv <casting at thepublicrecord.tv> *

Best,

Marlena

--