[Capdist-auditions] Sand Lake Center for the Arts offering Summer Youth Programming - fee based

Kathy Verenini reservations at slca-ctp.org
Wed May 25 14:57:22 EDT 2016

Sand Lake Center for the Arts is once again offering our Summer Youth
Programming

SLCA is excited to once again bring quality summer youth programming back
for students, ages 6-18.  Something for everyone, from Fop Doodle Follies-a
workshop that introduces younger students to the magic and wonder of
theatre, using their creativity and imagination while having fun, to the
full scale play "The Last Chance Diner" in our Youth Theatre classes.  A
more comprehensive month long workshop, where all students have a role in
the play and learn acting skills, costuming, stage set and props.  And last
but not least, is our Script to Screen workshop for our older students.   A
hands on film production where students write, act, direct, edit and screen
their film with instruction from professional filmmakers, from start to the
finish, they create it all.

Please check out the class descriptions below, and for the registration form
or for more information please go to www.slca-ctp.org
<http://www.slca-ctp.org>  or call 674-2007.

Fopdoodle Follies

July 11-22

10am-12 Noon

Ages 6-9

Tuition:  $75.00 for two week class-Mon.-Fri

Instructor: Karleen Hayden

Let's pretend!  Fopdoodle Follies introduces children to the magic and fun
of theater through story-telling, art, creative movement, and games.  We
will write our own story, explore improvisation, and create scenery and
costumes for our final short skit!  Come join the merriment and discover the
joy of theater!

"The Last Chance Diner"

July 11 - August 6

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 6:45-8:45pm

Ages: 9 - 12

Tuition:  $95

Instructors:  Sue Frost and Val Kavanaugh

Dreams of fame and fortune, crazy dreams, Shakespeare dreams, baseball
dreams-the Last Chance Diner is filled with people who are contemplating a
different kind of life.  With help from two "dream catchers" and their own
fantasies and talents, the characters of the Last Chance Diner are surprised
by where their dreams end up.  As Shakespeare says, "We know who we are, but
not who we may be!" This fast paced comedy is enhanced by songs that will
leave the audience singing.  If you love performing, join us this summer for
the Youth Theater's production of "The Last Chance Diner."

Friday August 5 performance 7pm

Saturday August 6 performance 2:30pm

Filmmaking:  From Script to Screen

July 11 - 22

Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 12:30pm

Ages 13 - 18

Tuition:  $145 for 2 week class

Instructors:  Jim Powers and Steve Powers

This advanced STS immerses student filmmakers in a professional film set
atmosphere used by today's industry leading career storytellers.  This is
the next level experience in acting, screenwriting, directing, full scale
production including lighting, sound design and advanced editing.  Whether
you know a little or a lot about film, you are welcome to be a part of this
project.  Students will receive a copy of the film.

Film Screening TBA

Kathy Verenini

Assistant to the Executive Director

Sand Lake Center for the Arts