[Capdist-auditions] Posting: Performing Artist submission

Dana Lezlie lezlie at nycap.rr.com
Fri Nov 4 00:03:47 EDT 2016

Dr. King’s Challenge:  Calling for Performing Artist submissions!

As the launching event of a larger weekend-long MLK celebration, we are curating an evening of performances by regional artists in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King for Friday, January 13th, 2017, in Saratoga Springs (venue TBD).  Spoken word, slam poetry, rap, song, dance -  we are looking for a variety of shorter pieces (8-10 min. or less) that capture, in MLK’s words, “The Fierce Urgency of Now.’  Please submit name(s), contact email & cell, title & author of work, and summary of the piece’s content/message by November 30th to:  Dr.KingChallenge at gmail.com <mailto:Dr.KingChallenge at gmail.com>.  (FB:  Martin Luther King, Jr. Project of Saratoga Springs)  Lezlie Dana 518-852-3859