[Capdist-auditions] Hubbard Hall Announces Open Submissions for Winter Carnival 2017

David Snider david at hubbardhall.org
Tue Sep 13 09:28:14 EDT 2016

*Hubbard Hall Announces Open Submissions for Winter Carnival 2017 *Playwrights
are invited to submit their one-act work for consideration in the Third
Annual Winter Carnival of New Work. Priority will be given to plays dealing
in some way with farming, agriculture, the land and related themes, as
these works will play in repertory with the Farming Plays Project, an
original collaborative play being created with the Washington County
Farming Community.   Deadline for submissions is Friday, November 4, 2016
at 5 pm.  Play runtimes should be in the range of 10-50 minutes
(approximately 50 pages or less – nothing over 60 pages will be considered).
We prefer work that has not been produced before or that is in a new stage
of development after production (still in process, work that would gain
from the chance to work explore with actors for a few weeks), because the
Carnival is in part a chance for our community to connect with and learn
from new work development as it happens.  The Carnival presents a series of
one act and short plays, in full productions, workshops and readings, in
the course of two weekends, along with post-show discussions with
playwrights, dramaturgs, directors, actors and designers on their process
and practice in developing this work. This year’s Carnival runs January
20-29, 2017, with rehearsals beginning January 9.  In 2016 we presented
over twenty new plays in rotating repertory during two weekends. Please
email your scripts in Word or PDF format for consideration with cover
letter or email hhcarnival2017 at gmail.com.  Participating playwrights are
paid for their work.  Travel stipend and housing may be available as well.
David Andrew Snider
Executive & Artistic Director
Hubbard Hall Center for the Arts and Education
25 East Main St.
Cambridge, NY 12816
david at hubbardhall.org
518-677-2495 x. 313