[Capdist-auditions] Looking for Lighting Designer/Assistant

willia8 willia8 at rpi.edu
Tue Sep 27 22:07:03 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am an RPI Ph.D. in Electronic Arts as well as a professional artist
performing sound/video works mostly in NYC and SF. I am working on an
art/science, multimedia dance performance called SleepWalks: The Body of
Dreams with Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company that is also my dissertation
project (funded by a NYSCA grant and Kickstarter). It takes place at the
Chapel + Cultural Center in Troy, NY on October 21st and 22nd at 8pm. I
am the art director/video/sound person, and I could really use help with
lighting design. I have ideas, but I cannot be in all places at once. I
am hoping to find a dedicated lighting designer, or someone
knowledgeable about lighting who wants artistic direction, to assist me
with balancing the lighting with my video projection. The show is about
an hour, and we plan to use minimal lighting changes with the dancers
performing behind the black sharkstooth scrim. Lights/grids are already
set up to move around. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who
wants experience working with multimedia arts, lighting, and a superb
dance company!

Our funds were mostly used to pay for my SleepWalks collaborators to fly
out, the dancers, and the scrim (black sharkstooth 11'x24'), but I can
pay $100 and make sure that credits are given to the lighting designer
in the program notes and our Facebook/Kickstarter updates.

Our rehearsal dates are October 5th-22nd. There are 10 of them plus the
2 shows, but once lighting is figured out, the rehearsals for lighting
tech will be shorter or not necessary even. Rehearsal times are: Mondays
(9am-1pm), Wednesdays (9am-11:30am), Tues-Thursdays (6-10:00pm).

For more info about the performance please go to our Kickstarter page at
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soundwalks/sleepwalks-the-body-of-dreams.

If interested please email me at willia8 at rpi.edu with Subject line
LIGHTING with a paragraph about your lighting skills/background and
availability during rehearsal times with your phone number. I can be
reached at: 212-300-7970.

Thanks!,
Andrea Williams
212-300-7970