[Capdist-auditions] Looking for a director and cast

James Gonda jgonda12309 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:38:12 EDT 2017

As a spin-off of the Harriett Tubman Concert in May, a two-act “play for
voices” which explores the plight of the four million freed slaves after
the Civil War and the passing of the 13th Amendment has been written. All
of the play’s characters are real people from history who graduated from
Union College or were affiliated with the college; the drama takes place in
1866 on the grounds of Union and is narrated by Dr. Nott. The play is
called "We All Become Brothers and Sisters."

First our on list of production duties is finding a director.

Second is casting - the play requires eight characters, one woman (Mrs.
Urania Nott, age 60) and seven men ages 37 to 92.

Regarding the time commitment, so far one performance is planned which
would require two or three rehearsals. And since this play will be done as
reader's theater, memorization of lines is unnecessary.

Regarding a director's and actor's fee, we are asking for *pro bono* work.
All of the parties involved, including yours truly, are donating their time
to the production.

We are shooting for a June performance.

Thank you! Please write back with your expressed interest.

James Gonda