[Capdist-auditions] Musical Improv Focused on Songcraft (FEE REQUIRED)

Alex Timmis alex at mopco.org
Wed Aug 30 14:24:42 EDT 2017

Musical Improv: Songcraft

Instructor: Mark S. Meritt
Class Dates: Sept 10, 17, 24, Oct 1, 15, 22
Performance Date: Saturday, October 28th - 7:30pm

Fee Required: $139
REGISTER —> bit.ly/2uG7rVk

Join our Musical Director Mark S. Meritt as he guides you through the art of creating music in the moment. Forget scheduling those voice lessons before jumping in, we believe anyone can sing. If you've sung Happy Birthday, you're over-qualified!
This 6-week class will walk you through all you need to learn the language of song; from techniques in making up verses and choruses, inventing rhymes off the top of your head, or that sometimes you don't need rhyme!
It's a great class for improvisers looking to expand their talents, for songwriters and singers looking to shake things up and get out of their heads or just a fun class, full of laughter to brighten up your fall.

Performance
Each Improv Fundamentals and Musical Improv 6-Week course each has a unique performance element that showcases the skills you focused on during the class. You'll be able to show off to your friends and family everything you've learned. The performance is not mandatory but we bet you'll want to take part. Participation is dependant on consistent attendance.