[Capdist-auditions] Call for submissions - one acts

Jj Buechner localactorsguild at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:49:57 EST 2017

THE LOCAL ACTORS GUILD OF SARATOGA MAY 2018 ONE ACT PLAY FESTIVAL

We are now accepting submissions for our 2018 Festival. We will be choosing 4-5 one acts.

ONE ACT FESTIVAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Entries can be submitted via email ONLY.  Email your script as a PDF to:

Localactorsguild at gmail.com

In the body of your message, please include

•   Your name
•   Your phone number
•   Title of the play
•   That you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the contest, listed below.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.

The submission deadline for the MAY 2018 ONE ACT FESTIVAL is February 12th, 2018

By submitting in this festival you agree that:

1)  Your script adheres to the festival guidelines, meaning:
•   You are the sole owner of the play.
•   Your play has not been professionally produced.
•   Your one act is no longer than 30 minutes in length or 30 pages in length
•   Your manuscript is formatted in the correct stage play form. 12 point font Times New Roman.

2) If selected, you give The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga the right to produce your work in our 2018 Festival.

3) The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga shall select the director, cast, and creative team for the production.

4) Author must own the copyright of the script (no adaptations will be accepted, unless the source material is in the public domain)

5) We will not accept scripts that have been previously produced.

6) Only one entry per writer, please.

7) Scripts should require 1-5 actors per performance. Doubling is allowed for theatrical purposes only.

8) Include a summary of the play along with character descriptions before the title page.

9) All one acts should have minimal set, tech, prop and costume requirements. Don’t let this discourage you from submitting. We will review the requirements needed for your one act.

Any questions regarding requirements please contact us at localactorsguild at gmail.com