[Capdist-auditions] Audition Notice for SLCA's As You Like It

Kathy Verenini info at slca-ctp.org
Fri Jan 6 15:38:47 EST 2017

Sand Lake Center for the Arts- Circle Theatre Players

announces open auditions for

As You Like It

Written by William Shakespeare

Directed by Barbara Leavell Smith

The Play will be set in the late 1960’s

Audition dates: Sunday, January 8, 7 PM,   Monday, January 9, 7 PM

Roles Available:  A wide range, both male and female, ages 16 – 80.  We are
open to creative casting as far as age, gender, ethnicity, etc.

For Auditions:  We will not be reading from the script, prepared monologues
(not Shakespeare) welcome, but not required.  We will use modern scenes,
improv and interviews as audition material.

NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH SHAKESPEARE REQUIRED

Our work will generally be inspired by the philosophy and traditions of
Shakespeare & Co. in Lenox, where Barbara trained.

SPECIAL NEED – MUSICIANS!!!

There are 3 good acting roles for musicians, and we want to have those same
actors involved throughout with incidental music.  Ideally, we are looking
for an acoustic group with portable instruments, but could also make it work
with a “troubadour” plus a duo.

Rehearsals:  Text work in March, 1 -2 rehearsals per week.  Blocking in
April (Schedule based on cast availability) Run – Thrus in May, there will
be rehearsals on one weekend day.

Production dates: June 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, & 11, 2017.

No appointment necessary.

Questions: Call Barbara (518) 283-4970

Sand Lake Center for the Arts is located on Route 43 in Sand Lake.  From
Albany and points west, take

I-90 to Exit 8.  After the first light, go about 8 miles and pass the
blinking yellow light in Averill Park.  Continue on Route 43 for ½ mile.
Sand Lake Center for the Arts is on the left just before the next traffic
light.

Kathy Verenini

Assistant to the Executive Director

Sand Lake Center for the Arts