[Capdist-auditions] Accompanist--Mopco Improv Theatre

Michael Burns michaelburns at mopco.org
Mon Jan 23 15:13:34 EST 2017

Please post—thank you!

The Mopco Improv Theatre is looking for an accompanist for occasional gigs at the theatre, located at 10 N Jay in Schenectady, as well as some possible remote gigs. You can learn about Mopco at mopco.org <http://mopco.org/>.

There is some pay.

Ideally, we seek a keyboardist with improv experience. If not, you would need, at least, an ability to improvise with people making up songs on the spot. Knowledge of a wide range of genres very helpful, as is the flexibility to make the given singer(s) look and sound good. An improv accompanist also underscores scenes, provides music between scenes, and at times provides sound effects. It’s a fun gig, but definitely not for everyone.

Auditions by appointment, and might be a fairly lengthy process— if you were new to the whole improv thing, we would probably ask you to work with our musical director, then play with the company more than once in rehearsal, to determine that you and we were a good fit.

Most of our gigs are evening, but there are occasional daytime gigs as well.

Please respond with "Accompanist—Capdist" in the subject line to:

michaelburns at mopco.org
(518)248-7430

Thank you!

Michael Burns