[Capdist-auditions] Senior Show Seeking Ensemble Members

Morgan Heyward heywam at sage.edu
Wed Mar 22 23:39:05 EDT 2017

Casting Call:

Casting six-eight young actors to perform as ensemble members in a senior
project.

Location: Russell Sage College

Performance Date: April 23rd 2pm

First Rehearsal: March 25th 6pm

Schedule:

Tech: April 18th

Invited Dress: April 19th

A complete rehearsal schedule is available upon request

Synopsis:

Senior theatre majors are asked to create a show that is a culmination of
their four years in college as a showcase of their development. Everyone's
story is different, but for a women of color this story can  be
particularly unique.I’ve decided to write a piece that share’s all the fun,
sadness and lessons that come along with being a person of color in
college. My piece is a work in progress project that is meant to inspire,
enlighten and encourage college students from all walks of life. This is in
way way a finished piece, each rehearsal will be used to find something
new.The ensemble is meant to set the scene, raise the stakes, and heighten
the mood. I am looking for people with lots of ideas who enjoy working in a
group

In an effort to build a diverse cast I am in search of the following :

   1.

   2 women of color
   2.

   2 caucasian women
   3.

   2 men of color
   4.

   2 caucasian men

Requirements

   1.

   The desire to work with a team to devise an original piece of work
   2.

   A personal connections or story that is relevant to the work that I am
   attempting to do
   3.

   Reliable Transportation
   4.

   2 to 3 days a week to commit to rehearsing in the evening

*Experience optional

Contact:

(518) 708-3159
heywam at sage.edu

Please feel free to contact me with any questions comments or concerns. I
will be casting through Saturday April 1st.