[Capdist-auditions] Musical Improv - Scene (FEE REQUIRED)

Alex Timmis alex at mopco.org
Tue Mar 28 16:07:23 EDT 2017

Musical Improv: Scene

Class Dates: Mondays - 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8
Performance Date: 5/11
Instructor: Mark S. Meritt
Fee: $75 for Early Registration (ends April 7th)
       $100 for General Enrollment

Contact:
The Mopco Improv Theatre
Alex Timmis
alex at mopco.org
518-577-MPCO (6726)

In musicals, a turn of phrase can suddenly transform into a show stopping number. In this class, our musical director will take you through games and techniques to show you how to bring scenes to life with improvised songs. From "Tony winning moments" to singing your character's inner thoughts, students will explore different techniques to interweave scenes with song. You'll learn the fundamental tools for spontaneous singing, culminating in the improvisation of a complete mini-musical by the end of the course.

We believe anyone can sing and our improv class requires no musical training! This class includes a performance open for friends and family to attend in conjunction with our monthly Sing Along on May 11th.

Register:
https://www.mopco.org/class-calendar-2017/2017/3/24/musical-improv-scene <https://www.mopco.org/class-calendar-2017/2017/3/24/musical-improv-scene>