[Capdist-auditions] **Update** Independent Short Film

Tom Helin bigtomata at gmail.com
Mon May 1 11:40:47 EDT 2017

Greetings CapDist Auditions!

Opportunity available to act in an upcoming short film. This film is an
independent short drama about a couple torn apart by bi-polar depression
and suicide. Will it kill them both or will their love be strong enough to
save one of them?

It will require actors that can deliver a powerful emotional performance
that will cover a broad spectrum of emotions.

We are looking for talented actors who are 100% committed, dependable, and
flexible. We plan to start shooting in Mid-June. Shooting will be done on
weekend days throughout the summer in multiple Capital District locations.
This is for NON-UNION / NON-PAY. Copy and credit provided (also IMDb credit
possible). This film should garner some exposure as we plan submit to
multiple festivals.

Please send head shot, resume, relevant casting information, and links to
any reels or scenes we can watch online to BigTomata at gmail.com  We cannot
respond to each e-mail individually, but we will contact you if you fit an
upcoming role and would like you to audition.

*The roles we are casting for are as follows:*

*Male lead (Mid 20s - Mid 30s):* Once a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. Sweet,
Funny, Caring, Helpful. A bit of a romantic. Hopelessly devoted to Female
lead. He loves her beyond measure she is everything to him. He believes
that love is all you need. In fact, he believed that loving Female lead as
much as he did would be enough to save her. Losing Female lead changed him
in a very big way. He became depressed and suicidal. He withdrew and
starting distancing himself from help. He lied to his family and friends.
He put up walls and isolated himself. He begins to have delusions of Female
lead so real that he has conversations with her, yet so obviously fake that
she taunts him for having delusions in the first place.

*Female lead **(Mid 20s - Mid 30s):* She struggles with Bi-Polar
Depression. Though she was very happy during the beginning of their
relationship, she now hates everything about her life including herself.
Her self-loathing makes it impossible to understand why Male lead would
want to be near her let alone love her. For that reason, she resents Male
lead and his affection and makes decisions to push him away and force him
to hate her as much as she hates herself.

*Male Supporting **(Mid 20s - Mid 30s):* Male lead’s longtime best friend.
Due to their closeness throughout Male lead’s relationship with Female
lead, Male Supporting and Female lead have formed a very close platonic
relationship born out of each person’s love for Male lead. Male Supporting
is single for a long time and by choice it seems. Male Supporting is
skeptical of the idea of love and he tends to be a realist much more than
the dreamer Male lead is. Male supporting is the ultimate optimist. As his
2 closest friends battle with depression, he is always there to try to keep
them upbeat and smiling. Must be charming and charismatic.